Security Training Course
Door Supervisor Security Training Course
Make sure you book on the correct security training course! Before you apply for any job in security you must get the right SIA licence. To get licensed you will need to demonstrate that you have been trained to the right level. (This applies to front-line staff only)
For example in order to get one of the qualifications linked to door supervisor licensing, you will need to attend one of our Security training courses, take four training modules and pass three exams.
The course may be delivered over 38 guided learning hours, 30 hours of which should be contact hours (as detailed below).
Security Training required to get the SIA licence for door supervision qualifications must be delivered over a minimum of 4 FOUR days. Our Awarding organisation offering these qualifications monitors Focused Security Training to ensure that our courses meet this requirement.
Whats in the Course Content?
Core Learning for Common Security Industry Knowledge (10 hours of which 5 hours must be contact time)
- Session 1: Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Session 2: Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Session 3: Fire Safety Awareness
- Session 4: Emergency Procedures
- Session 5: The Private Security Industry
- Session 6: Communication Skills and Customer Care
Door Supervisor Specialist Module (10 hours of which all must be contact time)
- Session 1: Behavioural Standards
- Session 2: Civil and Criminal Law
- Session 3: Searching
- Session 4: Arrest
- Session 5: Drugs Awareness
- Session 6: Recording Incidents and Crime Preservation
- Session 7: Licensing Law
- Session 8: Emergency Procedures
Conflict Management Module (8 hours of which 7 ½ hours must be contact time)
- Session 1: Avoding Conflict and Reducing Personal Risk
- Session 2: Defusing Conflict
- Session 3: Resolving and Learning from Conflict
- Session 4b: Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management for Door Supervisors
Physical Intervention Skills Module (10 hours of which 7 ½ hours must be contact time)
- Session 1: Introduction to Physical Skills
- Session 2: Disengagement Techniques
- Session 3: Escorting Techniques
You can read more about security training requirements on the SIA Website